Monday, October 27, 2014

Fangophilia in LA

One of the most creative and unique jewelry line, Fangophilia, has its first pop-up shop in America, and I am so thrilled that it's LA! 
Today, I attened the opening-day of the shop and got to meet the artist behind it all. 
Taro Hanabusa is a dentist from Tokyo with a secret agenda: he is also an ingenious jewelry designer who has designed accessories for many American artists such as Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, and is currently working with Nicki Minaj and Brooke Candy. 

Location: Mack Sennett Studios
The Pop-up shop will last until November 2nd
The space is set up very nicely.
The underground-industrial feel is fitting for this type of work since it almost makes it feel like you have entered a hidden lab of a mad dentist.…partly true :P



This particular face-piece was hand-crafted for the legendary Michael Jackson.
You can clearly see his facial features and definitions on the mold.
It is truly exquisite. 






Someday I will be able to get a face-armor personalized for myself.
In the meantime, I am impatiently waiting for my very own fangs to be made!!
I got my mold done today, but he will finish making the actual metal-form of the fangs when he returns to his lab in Tokyo.
I'm so stoked to have it done! eeeekkk

   


..::Thank you Taro-san so much for visiting LA and providing us with such original pieces of art::..

PHOTO BY: Jawny

Taro-san and I



No comments:

Post a Comment